Budget Tours to Sikkim & Meghalaya – Pocket-Friendly Getaways to India’s
Travel doesn’t have to be expensive. Indeed, when visiting India’s best-kept secret! Here’s how you can explore the beautiful states of Sikkim & Meghalaya on a shoestring budget. Whether you are going with friends or family, there’s plenty for everyone!
Sikkim & Meghalaya are the perfect budget destinations for a host of reasons. There’s so much to see and do. You can go hiking, explore Buddhist monasteries, and marvel at the Himalayas and endless possibilities. Plus, the people are incredibly friendly & welcoming, so you will surely enjoy your time there. If you’re looking for Sikkim tour packages & Mythical Meghalaya trip packages without breaking the bank, read on.
What to See & Do in Sikkim
Here are some top things you should see and do while you’re there:
- Visit the Buddhist monastery at Rumtek.
- Go hiking in the Himalayas.
- See the stunning Khangchendzonga National Park.
- Have a picnic lunch by the river.
- Take a stroll through the pretty town of Gangtok.
- Sample some local cuisine.
- Relax in a hot spring.
- Experience traditional Indian culture.
Rhododendron Tour Sikkim
The Valley of Flowers is a Wildlife Sanctuary in West Sikkim that is home to several species of Rhododendron, Primula, Magnolia, Oaks and Pine. The sanctuary is especially famous for its Rhododendrons blooming in April and May.
Highlights of the Valley of Flowers include panoramic views of Mt. Kangchenjunga, with the route resembling a level mountain path with horizontal stages. Sunrise at a 360° vantage point overlooking Mt. Everest & the Himalayas of Nepal, Mt. Kangchenjunga, & the snow-capped mountain peaks of northern Sikkim, Tibet & Bhutan.
- The ideal time to visit The Valley is between March & June when most flowers are blooming
- During this time, you can also expect to see panoramic views of Mt. Khangchenjunga as well as sunrise at a 360° vantage point
- The Valley is home to several rare and endangered animals including the Himalayan black bear, red panda, musk deer and snow leopard
- Trekking is the best way to explore The Valley of Flowers, and there are a few routes you can take depending on your level of fitness
North Sikkim Budget Tour
When it comes to Sikkim tour packages, North Sikkim is a great option to choose. It is a beautiful place to visit in the winter. The Teesta River flows down the slopes, and the cold winds blowing through the prayer flags are an amazing sight. The snow-capped mountain peaks are also a sight to behold.
- This Sikkim trip budget North is designed to give our guests a short peek into all the amazing locations in North Sikkim.
- In this adventure-filled tour package, you can visit Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang, Yumesamdong (Zero Point), & Gurudongmar Lake.
Meghalaya is known for its abundance of waterfalls in the world’s wettest regions: Mawsynram & Cherrapunjee. Each waterfall has its tales of love, loss, & legends. In addition to waterfalls, Meghalaya is also home to adventurous treks through ancient forests & rivers.
The cuisine of Meghalaya reflects its people’s deep connection with nature. Both non-veg and veg options are abundant, & all food is organic & homegrown.
Life in Shillong – Meghalaya’s most important city, revolves around cafes and pubs that play classic hits & modern music. There is a gig happening every weekend with local & established musicians.
Best places to visit in Meghalaya
- The Wettest Place on Earth: Mawsynram
- The Living Root Bridges of Meghalaya
- Nohkalikai Falls: The Tallest plunge waterfall in India
- Trekking in Meghalaya: David Scott Trail, Double Decker Living Root Bridge Trek, Rainbow Falls Trek
In the end
Sikkim & Meghalaya are fantastic places to visit on a budget. The food is cheap but organic & delicious, the accommodation is comfortable and affordable, and plenty of activities keep you entertained. If you plan a trip to Sikkim & Meghalaya, we highly recommend it! What are you waiting for? Book one of the most affordable Sikkim budget tour packages today.