Masters in interior design programs of British universities are famous worldwide. Every year a large number of aspiring interior designers enroll themselves in these learning programs. This is because the quality of interior design programs in the nation is amazing. Moreover, by doing these programs aspiring interior designers can easily become job ready. In a nutshell, it’s worth it, to do MS in interior design in the UK. Keeping this in mind, today we are sharing with you everything you must know about studying Masters in interior design in the UK.
Why You Must Consider Pursuing Masters in Interior Design in the UK?
Following are the reasons why you must consider pursuing an interior design course at British universities:
- The nation features some of the best colleges when it comes to studying interior design.
- Designing learning programs in British universities make students job ready. To learn about the best universities for pursuing an interior design course in the nation feel free to contact our top education consultants for UK in India.
- Students who complete MS in interior design in the UK are highly employable.
- Many British universities organize exhibitions for showcasing/promoting the work of their interior design students across the country.
- You may get a chance to work in top interior design firms such as GES, Imagination, etc. after your studies.
Masters in Interior Design in the UK is a phenomenal learning program and is of a duration of 1 to 2 years. During training, you will learn about interior histories/theories, design computing, etc. Besides this, you also learn about design theory, decoding design, etc.
Following are some of the best British universities where you can pursue your Masters in Interior Design in the UK:
- Coventry University
- University of Central Lancashire
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Lincoln University
- University of Hertfordshire
- Heriot-Watt University
- Glasgow School of Art
- Birmingham City University
- London Metropolitan University
- University of East London
- Nottingham Trent University
- Middlesex University
- Royal College of Art
Following are the basic requirements that you must meet to study Masters in Interior Design in the UK universities:
- A relevant UG degree
- IELTS score:6,5
- PBT score: 575
- Portfolio of work. Note: Make sure your interior design portfolio displays all your skills. For example, it must display your creativity/imagination. Besides this, it must display your technical skills, learning potential, etc.
- Work experience certificate
Following are the documents you will need if you seek to study interior design at a British university:
- Passport details
- Copy of passport
- Letter of acceptance
- IELTS scorecard
- TOEFL scorecard
- Proof of funds
- Proof of accommodation
- Visa, etc.
Cost of Education
The cost of doing an Masters in Interior Design in the UK can vary between learning institutions. But on average you will need around 20,000 GBP PA to study an interior design course in the nation. Additionally, you will need around 1000 GBP per month to cover your monthly living expenses in the nation. However, this cost can vary depending upon factors like your city, learning institution, etc. Following are the fees that various universities charge for their interior design programs in the nation:
- Coventry University: 14,700 GBP
- University of Central Lancashire: 13,200 GBP
- Manchester Metropolitan University: 17500 GBP
- Lincoln University: 14,000 GBP
- University of Hertfordshire: 10,430 GBP
- Heriot-Watt University: 15,400 GBP
- Glasgow School of Art: 19,980 GBP
- Birmingham City University: 13,200 GBP
- London Metropolitan University: 13,750 GBP
- University of East London: 13,680 GBP
- Nottingham Trent University: 15,100 GBP
- Middlesex University: 14,500 GBP
- Royal College of Art: 29,000 GBP
Following are the different scholarships available for students who seek to study MS in interior design at a British university:
- International Academic Excellence Award
- Coventry Entrepreneurship Award
- Chevening Scholarships
- Vice-Chancellors PG scholarship
- National Overseas Scholarship. To learn about National Overseas Scholarship in more detail feel free to contact our study in UK consultants in Gurgaon.
- International Excellence Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- QS Scholarships
By studying Masters in Interior Design in the UK you can open door to numerous exciting/phenomenal opportunities. This is because there is no shortage of jobs for competent interior design students in the nation. Following are the different jobs you can take up after completing your interior design learning program in the nation:
- Interior Design Assistant
- Interior Designer
- Kitchen Designer
- Design Manager
- Design and Decorative Assistant
- Landscape Artist
- Architectural Designer
Now you know all the things you must know about doing MS in interior design at a British university. So, make sure you consider all this information before getting admission to this learning program. This will ensure that you don’t join an interior design course that is not ideal for you.