What is a white dye in Minecraft?
White dye in Minecraft is a semi-rare block that can be found in strongholds. It is created by placing bone meal over any Dye other than orange, pink, grey, or light gray.
- Bone meal x1
- Other dyes or white dye x3 each
How to make white dye in Minecraft?
- First, you will need to craft some bone meal. Do this by placing some bones in a furnace with four coal.
- Next, mine any type of dye except orange, pink, black or grey dyes. You can find all types of dye underground at levels 25-30 on land or deeper near the guardians that are black and red.
- After mining enough dye, take one of the blocks and place it on a crafting table.
- Place bone meal on the dye to make white dye. If your recipe is correct, it will say “success” in the top right corner when finished.
- The finished product is two blocks of white dye instead of one! Note that only three shades produce white pigment: Rose Red, Cactus Green, Black Dye. All other colors create gray or black instead of white when mixing them with bone meal.
- Enjoy your newfound riches! Note that each piece can be crafted back into nine segments of wool by using a crafting table, if you don’t have that, they are worth more than wool in trading with villagers!
- In the rare chance you find a stronghold, there is a good chance there will be a room with two chests. One chest contains 10-30 bones, and one compartment has around 100-120 white dye!
Uses of White Dye in Minecraft
- If you find yourself near a village, trade some white dye with the villagers. They might ask for black paint as well!
- You can use it as a dye to give your house a more uniform look and feel! Just place them along the walls of your home, and it will make it look much cleaner!
- With only three dyes that produce white pigment (rose red, cactus green, and black), using all six types on a bone meal will still create gray or black dye, so if you collect 11 pigments, never put them next to each other in the crafting grid! This is because they are used up/destroyed by being adjacent to one another when crafting white or light gray dye. There is no way to get white coloring other than these three dyes on the Xbox 360 version of the game.
- Using more bone meal on white dye will cause it to turn into light gray or dark gray, respectively! White paint is a lot easier to make in Minecraft Xbox 360 edition compared with regular Minecraft pc.
- This is also useful if you use all six types of regular dyes on the bone meal because it will create white, which can be crafted back into nine wool by using a crafting table, though this method requires 31 bone meals instead of just six used for regular dye!
White dye in Minecraft is a semi-rare block that can be found in strongholds. It is created by placing bone meal over any Dye other than orange, pink, gray, or light gray.
You can find all types of dye underground at levels 25-30 on land or deeper near the guardians that are black and red. After mined enough pigment, please take one of the blocks and place it on a crafting table. Put bone meal on the dye to make white dye.
Is It possible to use bone meal on pink dye to make white dye?
You can’t use bone meal on pink or orange dyes. Only rose red, lapis lazuli, cactus green, and black pigments produce white paint when used with bone meal in the crafting table.
How do we get bones to make the bone meal?
You can collect bones from mobs that have died, or you can find them in dungeons.
Can watermelon dye be used to create white pigment?
No, because when you combine watermelon with bone meal, it creates red dye instead of white.