What is a white dye in Minecraft?
White dye in Minecraft is a semi-rare block found in strongholds. It is created by placing bone meal over any Dye other than orange, pink, grey, or light gray.
- Bone meal x1
- Other dyes or white dye x3 each
How to make white dye in Minecraft?
- First, you will need to craft some bone meal. Do this by placing some bones in a furnace with four coal.
- Next, mine any dye except orange, pink, black, or grey. You can find all types of dye underground at levels 25-30 on land or deeper near the guardians that are black and red.
- After mining enough dye, place one of the blocks on a crafting table.
- Place bone meal on the dye to make white dye. If your recipe is correct, it will say “success” in the top right corner when finished.
- The finished product is two blocks of white dye instead of one! Only three shades produce white pigment: Rose Red, Cactus Green, and Black Dye. All other colors create gray or black instead of white when mixing them with bone meal.
- Enjoy your newfound riches! Note that each piece can be crafted back into nine segments of wool by using a crafting table. If you don’t have that, they are worth more than wool in trading with villagers!
- In the rare chance you find a stronghold, there is a good chance there will be a room with two chests. One chest contains 10-30 bones, and one compartment has around 100-120 white dye!
Uses of White Dye in Minecraft
- If you find yourself near a village, trade some white dye with the villagers. They might ask for black paint as well!
- You can use it as a dye to give your house a more uniform look and feel! Just place them along the walls of your home, and it will make it look much cleaner!
- With only three dyes that produce white pigment (rose red, cactus green, and black), using all six types on a bone meal will still create the gray or black dye, so if you collect 11 pigments, never put them next to each other in the crafting grid! This is because they are used up/destroyed by being adjacent to one another when crafting white or light gray dye. There is no way to get white coloring other than these three dyes on the Xbox 360 version of the game.
- Using more bone meal on white dye will cause it to turn into a light gray or dark gray, respectively! White paint is much easier to make in Minecraft Xbox 360 edition than in regular Minecraft pc.
- This is also useful if you use all six types of regular dyes on the bone meal because it will create white, which can be crafted back into nine wool by using a crafting table, though this method requires 31 bone meals instead of just six used for regular dye!
What flower makes white dye in Minecraft?
The flower that makes white dye in Minecraft is the oxeye daisy. Oxeye daisies are a common flower that can be found growing in grassy areas, such as plains biomes. To obtain white dye from oxeye daisies, players must first collect them by hand or with shears. Then, they must place the flowers on a crafting table or inventory crafting grid to convert them into white dye.
White dye in Minecraft is a semi-rare block found in strongholds. It is created by placing bone meal over any Dye other than orange, pink, gray, or light gray.
You can find all types of dye underground at levels 25-30 on land or deeper near the guardians that are black and red. After mining enough pigment, please place one of the blocks on a crafting table. Put bone meal on the dye to make white dye.